Weekend Recap

It was an okay weekend. My friend K had a difficult week, long story short she, her boyfriend and her kids were evicted from the home they are staying in. Which is bad enough, but the person that evicted them is her boyfriends mother. That's right, the woman evicted her son and grandchildren.  We knew she wasn't right in the head but this kind of proved it.  The reason she gave for the eviction is she wants to have a dog and can't because K doesn't want one. Yup. They could fight the eviction, but honestly I don't think she should. It's not a healthy environment for her or her kids. Now is the time to move on from everything here (including her BF) and onto the new life she's been planning for so long. It will suck that this means she'll be moving around 4 hours away by car but I know that it will be better for them in the long run. 

Anyway, after some amusing (but not mind blowing) morning sex P & I spend the day with K and her youngest son running errands, stopping for lunch, hitting the comic book store and hanging out. P didn't have to come, I know how stressful being with K can be. But at least we got all our errands done. We also won $100 on a $1.00 scratch ticket, which was pretty cool. We have a system, I pick and buy them and then I hand them to P to scratch off. P has the best scratch ticket luck I've ever seen. In February we won $200 also on a $1.00 ticket. Now if only I could pick a winning Powerball ticket, LOL :-)

Today (Sunday), has been a lazy day. I went out early for fresh bread and coffee, we had breakfast then picked a birthday cake for P's niece. P's ex brother in law and his nieces came over for the afternoon and we had a little birthday party for her. I put on Rogue One with the plan of having a little Star Wars marathon, I think I'm the only one that was watching. But I enjoyed Rogue One again and then 3/4 of a Episode 4 before having dinner and flopping again to watch Bob's Burgers with P & H.  And now I'm sitting here typing away while P & oldest SD watch Walking Dead and Into the Badlands. Damn we've watched a lot of TV today. I guess some days are like that. I mean I would have loved to have spent the day in bed screwing around but we had guests for most of the afternoon so maybe next weekend?

I have to admit that I'm not looking forward to heading back to work tomorrow, as relaxing as this weekend has been I still want more time away from work. I only have one day off between now and the end of June and it will be spent at Doula Class not relaxing.  Maybe tomorrow I'll schedule a Friday off just to relax. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict