Good Weekend!

So the always much too short weekend had come and gone and I have to say that it was okay. Sadly Ri & P were both sick all weekend. I'm feeling sort of doomed. You know that doomed feeling you get when you're healthy but surrounded by sick people? Like you're just waiting for those first symptoms to hit. Or maybe i'm a hypochondriac? Anyway...

Poor Ri got hit with a 24 hour stomach thing that threw him for a loop. The kid has always had an iron stomach (which he did NOT get from me) so when he called Friday to say he was leaving work early I was surprised. Apparently his boss found him throwing up into the trash in the breakroom and thought it would be best if he went home (ya think?)  I asked if he wanted me to go hang out with him for the night and he said no, he just wanted to sleep. No luck, apparently he was up all night vomiting 😟 my poor (grown up) baby! Saturday afternoon he asked me to bring him some ginger ale and crackers. When I got there the poor kid looked like he had been hit by a truck but swore he was actually feeling better. He was back to work Sunday and feeling fine, just tired. 

After I had talked to Ri Friday night, P called to just to check in. I could tell by his voice that he wasn't feeling well either. Rotten head cold. This is when I started feeling doomed, I mean I had hung out with Ri the night before he got sick and I sleep next to P (for a few hours) every night. I can handle either a cold or a stomach bug but it would be entirely possible for me to catch both at the same time. Knock on wood though, I'm healthy and feeling just fine. Lets hope it stays that way.  

I'm proud to say that I just got home from my first water aerobics class in about a year. I picked tonight because my favorite teacher was going to be teaching the class. I was shocked that she remembered me after a year. She mentioned that I kept up well and she was glad to have me back. I made it through the whole class with only one cramp that I managed to push through. I was fully expecting to give up 1/2 way through. I'm already feeling it though, my abs are sore already and I know my legs are going to be achey tomorrow. No time to rest though, I'm scheduled to take another class at a different Y tomorrow. YAY for working on being fit again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict