Monday,Monday,Monday

Why is there an unwritten rule that all Monday's at work have to be annoying if not all out terrible? I feel like I start the day off with the best intentions a sleepy non-morning person like me can start day with and it goes pretty well through the commute, coffee stop and parking spot finding. then from the second I'm at my desk everything falls apart. 3 "Urgent" (urgent is code for someone, usually the customer but sometimes the company or me fucked up) requests. Really? so I spend my morning chasing those down and getting them settled, not fun. One haunted me all day and the other two took until lunch. Keep in mind that I'm working on these cases while trying to process the "normal" work day work and field emailed questions from both customers and internal colleagues and attend webinar style trainings for upcoming product changes. Do I have a super hard job?  Lets call it challenging, with a side of WTF. Lately I have zero patience with it and most of the people I work with. Mostly I spend the day wondering why I'm still there. Sometimes I wonder if I'm self sabotaging. Probably not, but still. I'm probably finding myself more frustrated with work because with Doula Class coming up for the first time in a very long time I can see myself doing something else for a living. Something I might actually even enjoy. I know career changes are hard and that Doula is not an easy career to break into but it's a change that I can't wait for. I wonder if I could work my way into the hospital maybe work on the warm line. I'm already wondering how I go about becoming a certified lactation consultant. It seems like something that would go hand in hand with the whole postpartum doula thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict