We Won! Also, I Worked Out Hard (hard for me that is..)

Just about every Thursday night I meet my parents and one of my sisters for dinner and trivia at a local restaurant we all like. The food is good, it's great to see each other IRL instead of just in chat or text and trivia is pretty fun. My dad has really, really wanted to win trivia night. Both for the bragging rights and for the $50 gift card the 1st place winner receives. Tonight we finally did it! My younger sister brought her housemate Mike and he definitely pushed us over that edge to victory. Dad was thrilled, I mean we all were but I think he was the happiest. Mike is going to have to come every week now. :-) Oh, and dinner was great, I had the fried shrimp - yum! - but so not on my diet. Its PMS week so I'm finding it really difficult to stick to eating what I'm supposed to. Tuesday I blew it by eating a waffle at dinner (followed by exercise), Wednesday the diet fell apart at dinner too (and I didn't exercise), today I gave up at lunch. At least I didn't snack between meals any day? As soon as I got home tonight I hit the treadmill. I knew if I sat down for even a second I would have skipped exercising tonight too. I set the incline to 3 and speed between 3.5-3.7 for a little over a mile. Now, I know that if and when any actual fit people read that my "hard" work out was a speed between 3.5 and 3.7 they will snort, giggle and possibly spit their drink onto their keyboard by accident. But look guys I'm old and very out of shape. That I exercise at all is pretty amazing to be honest, I'm a basically lazy person trying like heck to stay active as I approach the big 4-0. I'm all sweaty, I got my heart rate into the "fat burn" zone and kept it there for a while. Plus my body feels like it worked. To me, that is a good, hard workout.

But now I'm pretty much exhausted and I still need to shower and screw my boyfriend when he gets home from work.

Night guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict