10,000 Steps a Day - Ouch

So I frequently admit to being horribly out of shape but trying to get better. Yesterday I dusted off my trusty watch/pedometer/smart watch thingie and resolved to try and get the 10,000 recommended steps. I thought I did pretty well yesterday, I diligently got up and walked briskly through the building once an hour and I walked around the building at lunch. Then I did a mile on the treadmill after dinner. When I went to bed I had 9,888 steps. I know I should have just gotten the last 112 steps but it was close to midnight on a Monday and I was exhausted. I fell asleep almost instantly, it was good. When I woke up this morning I noticed that my right ankle didn't feel quite right but I hopped out of bed anyway and OMG PAIN!!! If P hadn't been sleeping in the bed I think I would have just fallen backwards into it. I didn't want to wake him so I grabbed the dresser instead and managed to limp out of the room. I have no idea what the hell I did but my right heel and ankle hurt so much I could hardly walk. Normally when I wake up sore after an active day it's a good kind of sore and both sides of my body are affected equally. It usually doesn't really hurt to put weight on my legs and walk either. This was not a good sore and the pain was entirely focused on my right heel/ankle. I think I really might have hurt something. As the morning went on it started feeling a little better and a couple  ibuprofen brought it down to a dull ache. I walked a bunch at work again and spent lunch walking then I came home and walked the dogs. Right now it feels ok, I'm thinking of skipping the treadmill tonight because I don't want to wake up with crazy foot/ankle pain again. On the other hand, I have supportive ankle sock thingies that might help and I'm super close to that magic 10,000 number. 

Do what do you think, do I risk it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict