It's the 18th Already?

Where is August going? I feel like summer just started but here we are almost at the end of season. We've done back to school shopping for the girls and I've already started thinking of Halloween activities. I have to admit that this year I'm looking forward to Fall. I'm looking forward to cooler weather and Halloween and Thanksgiving. Although, I'm not quite sure how Thanksgiving is going to work this year. Too many families in play. Part of me would like to maybe skip Thanksgiving here and go with my parents to my aunt and uncles house. It would be a really long day though 3 hour drive both ways in what can be iffy New England weather. It's not unheard of for us to have snow by Thanksgiving here and they live further north so very likely they'll have snow already. I hate driving in the snow even with my 4 wheel drive SUV.  I would need to leave earlier than everyone else because I have work the next day and I think Ri will want to see his dad's side of the family. The other option is hosting here which I would be more than happy to do but I think my dad really likes to see his brothers on the holidays and I don't see them coming here. And then there are P&H's families to consider. Do we have all three sides over? H's brother and P's sister don't like to be around each other (along story) so one of them would back out leaving either P or H feeling ignored. My younger sister & her boyfriend might come here though which would sorta round things out. But I would still like to see my parents... See? When I think about it I get all stressed out. For now I'll say screw it and let it go. I have plenty of time to figure it out later.

Plenty of time for pumpkin picking, jack o'lanterns, a visit to Salem, MA and maybe a haunted hayride before I need to figure out Thanksgiving. Oh and maybe a trip to Plymouth Plantation too...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict