Not the Most Fun Friday...A Very Quick Post

What a day! I'm not complaining, I've had worse days (so much worse) but it was busy and I've been working on not enough restful sleep for about 2 weeks now and its starting to wear on me a little. I have very little patience for anything really. On the bright side the meth addict temp was let go. It's the little things like not having to deal with a meth-head all day that make life better.

Sadly, I did have to say goodbye to the work neighbors I've enjoyed sitting with for the past couple years because I had to change desks. I completely understand why I needed to move, it makes sense for people on the same teams to sit together. I think the new workspace is a little bigger than my old one too, which I'll admit is nice. I just know I'm not going to love sitting with the people I'm near now. Luckily, I have a phone and headphones, I can (and did today)  tune them out and listen to podcasts or music or BBC News while I'm working. Lots of options.

After work I went jeans shopping with my previously mentioned friend K and her son M. I hate to say this but if I had known she didn't have someone willing to look after him at home I would have cancelled. I get he's got issues but they aren't my issues and honestly I think 90% of his issues are  because he's basically a little jerk. I'm not kidding when I say if he was mine he would be in foster care because I would have handed him over to the state. I cannot deal with him. Neither can K, she pretty much ignored him the whole time we were out. The couple times I asked her to intervene before I did she shrugged and told me to try, she had given up for the day. Funny how I didn't know that was an option for moms. So far I've figured out that ignoring him makes him crazy (so I did a lot of ignoring) and time outs are something he will sit during (thanks to school training.) I also learned that it's nearly impossible for a short, chunky Asian woman to find a pair of jeans. After two stores and 2 hours she finally found some capris that fit her. On her they were proper pants length, not capri length. Added bonus: they were on sale for $10, she grabbed the 2 pairs they had left in her size and we booked it out of the store. So after 2 solid hours of shopping and with mission jeans  accomplished we headed to dinner. I was starving at that point because lunch was 8 hours earlier and I don't snack between meals (except on weekends) anymore. It seems to be the only part of my diet that I can stick to during PMS week so I'm sticking to it hard.

I plan on meal planning tomorrow and pre-packing salads for lunch to help me though next week. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict