What A Week So Far...

I feel like I didn't get any sleep Sunday night, it was hot in the middle of the bed and my whole body ached. I just couldn't get comfortable. I woke up hourly and was up for the day around 5:30, I didn't get out of bed but I was awake, listening to P sleep and wishing I could too. I was up for the day at 7 and I was already tired and cranky. Luckily I had packed my lunch and work bags Sunday night so all I needed to do was make a cup of coffee and start my car (even though I was boiling hot it was freezing outside last night) so it could warm up a little. Oh and get dressed, I promise I did not go to work in just a Sam Adams t-shirt. Work was a slog, I just wanted the day to end. Don't you hate days like that? I feel like I'm wishing my life away. I generally don't let work get to me, it's a job. Pays the bills, I just go in and get it done and move on. But Monday just made me want to go live as a homeless person. Who needs money? Every request felt like another nail in my coffin. Anyway, the day finally ended and then....traffic. Holy Hell the Traffic!! Normally it takes around 30 minutes to get home but there was a roll over on one of the exits that backed up the entire highway. It took me over 2 hours to get home. And of course, even though I had texted home that I was stuck on the highway dinner wasn't even a thought at home. Sadly, I knew that would be the case so I stopped at the store and bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Got home and Made some rice and veggies and ta da! dinner. Totally not something H could have done, right? I mean she was only out dropping B at dance already. She's been especially cranky this week too but it's PMS week so I guess that gives her a pass on being a grown up or something?

Today wasn't much better, my boss sent me off to a meaningless meeting that I really didn't want to go to. Then I had a ton of work to do when I got back including a rush. I'm not sure why the rush couldn't have been assigned to someone else while I was in the meaningless meeting but by the time I got back to my desk I had 3 "ARE YOU WORKING ON THIS YET, WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN YOUR CONFIRMATION??? WHEN WILL IT BE DONE BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE DONE BY TOMORROW OR WE'LL LOSE THIS CLIENT!" emails. Good lord, I was away from my desk for 2 hours. It wasn't a secret that I was going to be away, heck my public work calendar showed the time as unavailable and my boss knew I was going to be gone. I have no idea why people think I can be in two places at once but never fear, the rush was done, the client won't leave (at least not over that request.) The rest of the day was a repeat of yesterday minus the hellish traffic. Dinner was quick and easy (pasta with meatballs I had made and frozen) and now I'm flopped watching junk TV and blogging. I should be on the treadmill, I did a mile last night and he helped me sleep so much better than I have been. So I will wrap up this post, stop whining, turn off the TV and go walk for a mile or so. Wish my fat ass luck :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict