Not Really a Whole Post

Its late and its been a busy day. I think I mentioned before that my best friend lost her mom a few weeks ago. Her memorial service was today, not fun. No one loves funerals but this one was more intense than most due to some family disagreements. It was painfully clear that my friends cousins do not consider her or her 3 kids to be "real" family. I can't tell you how often she was referred to as "Aunty's ADOPTED daughter." Huge emphasis on the adopted. None of them sat with her at the reception after the church service or even checked in with her to make sure she was okay.  I sat with her and made sure she had something to eat and someone to talk to. It was insane how divided they were.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict