NaBloPoMo #9

And today's prompt is:

What TV show are you obsessed with? Share 10 reasons it’s better than the other shows.

Golden Girls!!! 




I know, I know it's a really old show but it still stands up. Why?

1. Dorothy's sarcasm 
2. Rose's heart
3. Blanche's self esteem
4. Sofia's spunk
5. Women's Rights
6. St. Olaf Stories
7. AIDS honesty (during the days of paranoia) 
8. Honesty about sex and relationships
9. The one liners
10. The love

I can watch this show all day and not get bored which is odd for me I tend to get bored with TV shows and move on quickly. They only got away with half of the topics they covered because of the ages of the women involved. Had this show been about 4 women in their 20's there is no way the show would have gotten on the air in the first place. I think part of why i'm not afraid of getting older is because I had these ladies as role models. I'd like to say I'm looking forward to being their age but I'm not really, I'm no Blanche, Dorothy or Rose although I do occasionally have Sofia's spunk. I wonder what I'll be like at 60 or if I'll even be at 60. But part of me doubts that I'll be having as much fun as these ladies did. 

Which Golden Girl are you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict