NaBloPoMo #4

Today's Prompt is: What Was Your Worst Thanksgiving Food Fail

Boy have there been a few. I'm going to go with the year that the Turkey wasn't all the way cooked yet though. Luckily it was one of the years that I only cooked for my mom and dad so they didn't mind that dinner actually took place at actual dinner time instead of the traditional 2pm and the sides were all cold. Or if they did mind, they didn't say anything. Thanks Mom and Dad!

In the years since I've mastered Turkey cooking and timing so that all the food is ready at the same time. I've also gone from just serving Mom and Dad to whole dinner parties of extended family and now P&H's extended families. I didn't believe my grandmother when she said that one day Thanksgiving becomes old hat but it's true. We're only a couple weeks away from it at this point and the menu is set and I'm not at all stressed about Turkey Day. Season the bird and toss her in the oven wait a few hours, start basting and sides, done. P will be home and helping me cook and clean up this year too, which is always a plus.

Now lets hope everyone that's said they'd come actually shows up and that everyone stays healthy. There is a nasty bug going around my office and I've got that "your next" feeling...gulp!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict