First Official Day of Vacation - Pretty Dull

Today was sort of boring, P had today off too so we ran around and did responsible grown up things. We went to not one but TWO DMVs today. He needed to return plates and I needed to renew my license. But since his car was registered in MA and I technically still live in RI so we had to go to both DMVs.  Super fun. Sorta. At least DMV's are more organized these days? I remember when I got my first license you wandered into the DMV took a number and then waited for several hours only to find out that you have the wrong form or need another form in addition to the first form you filled out. Then you'd go get the forms straightened out only to find out that you've lost your place in line. Nightmarish. I'm sure it couldn't have been fun for the clerks either, grumpy people, long never-ending lines. Now each type of transaction has its own line, you get a number only for the line you need. It's a much more efficient system for everyone involved. We ended up waiting 30 minutes at the MA DMV and 45 at the RI DMV. I was expecting to wait twice as long at both places to be honest. Between waiting and driving the day was pretty much over. But P and I still managed to keep each other laughing.

Tomorrow will be better, I think we'll head to the zoo.


On the bright side I don't need to make dinner tonight, we have tons of left overs from the cookout :)
Speaking of the cookout, Orion and B decided to be hams during sparkler time....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict