It's Been a Rough Couple Days

I'm gonna be honest, I almost took my stuff and left last night. I'm really tired of how lazy H is. I know that she's working on her writing but really she isn't allowed to opt out of being a grown up every day.

Here's how last night went:

Came home to find that oldest daughter had a couple friends over, which is fine at her age she should have friends over. They were planning on dyeing B's hair but they needed a ride to the store for some supplies. H immediately said that she wasn't leaving the house again (keep in mind I just drove home from work in crazy ass rush hour traffic) and sprinted to the office. The girls look crushed so I tell them I'd take them. When we got back from the store I still needed to walk the dogs and put together a bag to take to water aerobics. H hadn't moved from the office.

So I walked the dogs and packed my bag and went to class. Please note that at this point I hadn't eaten since lunch six hours before and was sorta hungry. Class takes about an hour, then I showered, got dressed and headed home. I walked into the house at 8pm to find that the kitchen was a hair salon. Fun. I said that I just wanted to make myself something for dinner quick then B asked me to make them all dinner BECAUSE THEY HADN'T EATEN YET!! WTF? Where was their mother? In the office, typing away with noise cancelling headphones on completely oblivious to the fact that her kids and their friends hadn't eaten dinner. I repeat, she did not make any attempt to give the kids in her care dinner. Again. I say again because if I hadn't grabbed chicken for my own dinner on Monday and Tuesday they wouldn't have had dinner because she was in the office, with noise cancelling headphones, completely oblivious.

So I looked around and we didn't really have enough of anything to make a dinner for 5, so it was back to the store for me. I decided to make pasta and meatballs with garlic bread, it's fairly quick and everyone eats it. So, get home from the store, make dinner, serve dinner, argue with T about eating meatballs (girlfriend wants to live on carbs), clean up the kitchen from dinner. At this point I was so angry that I wasn't hungry anymore and I can't eat pasta anyway. H wandered out of the office after everything was done, announced that the dog needed her pill and then went to bed. I gave the dog her pill and finally flopped. It was almost 10pm and I was exhausted. I ended up blowing up at P. He was at work and didn't deserve it but I can't talk to H. To make matters worse because B's friends were staying over I couldn't crash in the basement. The last thing I wanted to do was sleep with them last night, I just wanted to be alone.

To recap: I did everything that needed to be done, she sat in the office and typed then went to bed.

Today was a better day. I think P talked to H about my blow up, she was semi-useful when we got home(by that I mean she put the dishes in the sink into the dishwasher.) I had plans to have dinner with my parents so I left right after I walked the dogs. I figured she must have fed the girls on her own but a few minutes ago B mentioned that she hadn't had a real dinner, just snacks. Sigh. Whatever, she's old enough to put her own dinner together and not my kid...right?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict