Exhausted....

I am really, really tired today. I think it's a combination of things just catching up with me.  It's my first week back to work after vacation, I've exercised everyday since Sunday (treadmill, water aerobics, treadmill, water aerobics, treadmill, plus puppy walking every day) stuck to my diet religiously, my cycle started Tuesday night and I didn't get much sleep last night. On the up side, I did get to see P last night for a few minutes before we went to bed.

I went to dinner and trivia with mom and dad at 99 tonight, it was fun and we came in 3rd overall (go us!) Then came home, jumped on the treadmill, made my lunch for tomorrow, showered and now I'm flopped blogging. I tried to listen to the news on the way home from 99 only to hear that there was another terror attack in Paris. I feel awful and angry and sickened all at once. Why France? I don't understand. Someone on NPR mentioned that over a thousand French citizens have gone to Syria, presumably to join the terrorists there. Some have come back and the assumption is that they are the ones carrying out these attacks. Which leads me to ask: Why are they allowed back at this point? How many more attacks have to happen before it's decided that if you leave France for a country known for terrorist organizations you are giving up your citizenship and will not be welcomed back. Honestly why don't we have similar laws on the books? I know, I know I sound like a Trump supporter. But honestly I think I might agree with conservatives on this one. Right now free movement of people is just not safe. Europe is falling apart and the thousands of migrants flooding the borders is NOT helping anything. I understand they are fleeing circumstances that are both beyond their control and so terrible most of us wouldn't be able to imagine never mind survive what they have. But at the same time most host countries are economically strained already and many feel that they are being overrun that their liberal cultures are in danger. Add to that the constant terror attacks and I think you can understand why many countries are swinging to a more conservative stance on immigration. As much as I love the idea that we can all get along and we are all earthlings and therefore all connected and "one" I'm realistic enough to know that our cultures do not meld. At this point in my life I don't have the energy to try to get them to meld and I don't feel that there is a will to do so on the other side either. I could be wrong about that, part of me hopes I am but from what I've seen again and again and again....

Orion just texted that he's home safe from the concert he went to with is dad. I hate to be that hovering mom but I honestly can't rest until I know he's home safe at night. He had a great time, Dinosaur Jr. can still rock a house apparently. I'm glad he enjoyed it.

This is sort of a bummer post, it reflects my current state of mind I guess. On the bright side, tomorrow is Friday and I have no reason to wake up early on Saturday and that is always good.

Night all...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict