Meh...

Meh pretty much sums up my life lately. My relationship is meh (borderline crappy), work is meh, dieting is meh, exercise is going well actually. Weird, usually I hate exercising this time around I find myself looking forward to water aerobics and the treadmill. I have no idea why but I'm going with it. I don't think I've actually lost any weight in a couple weeks but my clothes are fitting differently. My stomach is flatter and I think my butt looks better a little better ;-) Go with it right?

 My long weekend wasn't bad, I guess. P and I spent Friday morning cleaning out the pantry (YAY, it was driving me nuts.) We ended up with 2 big boxes of usable housewares to donate. Then I went to see Secret Life of Pets with my mom and Chrissy. It was just as cute the second time. I also made plans to grab dinner with Orion when he got out of work Saturday night around 10pm. After the movie I went out shopping with my oldest friend K and her 8 year old. It reminded me that there is no way on earth I could keep up with a little kid full time anymore. I love the little guy but "bundle of energy" doesn't come close to describing him. I'm thinking the unmedicated ADHD might have something to do with that, but still.

Saturday H took B to volunteer so she could go write at the library.  P and I had originally planed on running errands but T asked if she could invite a friend over. We happily said yes and stayed home. Socializing isn't something T likes to do often so anytime she asks to have someone over we say yes. The young man she invited is one of her oldest friends (since kindergarten they said) as an added bonus he's one the nicest kids on the planet. They had a great time together, it was fun to watch her come out of her shell and really enjoy hanging out with someone. I can't help but hope he can come back this weekend too.

Amazingly while the kids were out playing Pokemon Go P actually initiated sex. It wasn't the best sex ever for me but honestly I was happy that he wanted me enough to start something (sad, right?) In past relationships sex (lots of it) was just sort of a given for me.  Maybe this relationship is a lesson in not taking things for granted? Possible.

Anyway after the friend went home P and I went off to run a bunch of errands, drop off the boxes to the donation place and Shopkick (an obsession of mine.) Then we came home to eat and flop. H and B were home watching TV when we got there.  Around 8:30pm we lost power, never fun but we ran around and found flashlights and I turned my phone into a hotspot so the girls could still go online. All was well. A few minutes later H's brother called and asked if H wanted to go see Star Trek. She said yes and asked P if he wanted to go, he said yes. I was in the bedroom listening to this conversation when it hit me that neither B or T would want to see Star Trek so I wandered down to the kitchen and reminded them that I was leaving in an hour to have dinner with Orion. Queue disappointed bitch-face from H and general disappointment from P (he likes Star Trek.) At this point I know H is going with her brother whether P goes or not. I decided not to make P miserable and said I'd just take the girls with me for dinner. They both love food, so it wasn't hard to get them to go. The thing that really bothered me about this scenario was that H just assumed I would be home to watch the girls. Her selfishness and complete disregard for me is getting more and more obvious every day and it's getting annoying.

Sunday was nice, they went to the beach and I had the day to myself. I did some laundry, watched a truly terrible movie (Joshua, don't waste your time) and headed out with friend K & her little guy again. We hit the playground in our hometown where he ran had a blast, we played Pokemon Go, grabbed an early dinner and ice cream for dessert and then went to another park by the water where he climbed on rocks and generally had a blast while his mom and I followed him around and chatted about life in general. I sometimes question my friends life choices but somehow it's always good to hang out with her.

When I got home I grabbed quick shower and then flopped in bed with Paul to watch TV. To en the blog on a positive note:

Once I was flopped in bed P initiated sex again (twice in a row, amazing) and it was fun, spanky and really good. Now if only we could do that every other day, at least...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict