Days Blend Together

Another weekend is coming to an end. Days go by so fast lately and they are all full of what seems like nothing. Dropping off and picking up the step kids & their friends, shopping, cooking. Blah.

Ri is working all week, he came by last night and hung out for a bit but I won't see him again until Friday :-( I miss my kid. Between his work and my work and his volunteering and his own bird (who knew parrots needed so much friggin attention) I never see him and it's making me sad. At the same time though, I'm glad that he's building his own happy little life. That's the goal right? Raise a happy, successful adult. Sigh...

My cousin is getting married next weekend, I said I'd go to the wedding. I wish I hadn't, I hate weddings and generally decline invitations. I send a gift and move on. I said I'd go to this one because my parents guilted me into it. We have a very small extended family and my cousin is a motherless only child (her mother died a little over a year ago after a short fight with aggressive early onset dementia, horrible to watch happen.) What does one wear to a wedding these days? I'm pretty much sure I don't have anything suitable and clothes shopping is depressing. My plan is to throw on a pants suit that I'd wear to work, sit through the ceremony, say hello to my small extended family and split. Ri is looking forward to going though, he loves weddings (must come from his dad's side.) I need to find a gift for them too. I'm thinking I'll throw $100 in a card and move on.

I'm closed for maintenance this week so the bedroom is generally dull this weekend. I took care of P last night, just because. I mean I was bored and he was there, one of us should have a good time ;-)

Off to plan lunches for the week...hopefully some sexy story will come to me this week.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict