What a Day

Really not much else to say, the move went well. I think I'm settling in ok. Sleep is well, sleeps been better. But I'm very used to sleeping in my little bed all by myself. Sleeping in a very big bed with two other people for more than one or two nights is...new. Not really bad but I find that I do miss the "alone" time. There are many needy pets here (as I type Bailey the Blue Eyed Pup is staring at me and whining for attention) Princess the DachPuggle demanded I put the laptop down on the bed so she could sit on my lap for to cuddle. Plus 3 trouble-making cats. I love all these animals, the dogs especially, but none of them are my sweet orange Horace-Cat. Sadly, it was decided that Horace should stay with Orion at my mom and dad's.  It's the home he's always known, where he is an only cat (he hates other animals with a ferocious passion) and can safely be indoor/outdoor at will (mom and dad live on a very quiet dead end road in a very quiet little town. This house is on a main throughway with many trucks and cars that drive much too fast.  Just not safe for him.

Orion chose to stay with my mom and dad too, again, in the home he is most at home in with my parents who he is very close with. I'm ok with this, sorta. I just wanted everyone to be happy, including me. Mom & Dad are thrilled he's there and honestly I think he's better off with them. I tend to baby him without intending to, they treat him like the adult he really is. Further proof of this adultness is the fact that my baby was offered a job today. Part time stocking groceries at a major chain close to my mom and dads house. It's nothing major, I know but its further proof that he's a grown up. I'm feeling much less like a mom and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I'm leaning towards "I don't like it." But we went out to dinner, just the two of us to celebrate anyway.  He's excited, I'm happy for him.
I'm acting like I moved a thousand miles away without access to any form of communication aren't I?  Really I'm 15 minutes away by car and .5 seconds by text, email or phone call.

I'm decidedly moody tonight. Work was difficult today to say the least, sometimes it's not worth taking time off, what you come back to is just a flat out nightmare. My call center co-workers had a rough day too, there were system issues and they were extremely busy and angry for very good reason. The system issues could have been easily avoided with more careful planning by our management/technical resources. So I completely understand their frustrations. I had some of my own. It was a negative place to be today and I think that it combined with all the changes in my personal life got to me. Maybe I'll feel better after a good nights sleep? Lets hope I can get one of those...

Love,

Catie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict