I Should Be Sleepy

I should be sleepy, I'm not.  I'm thinking it's because I didn't walk today. I tried, but it turned into more of a wander though a very pretty graveyard enjoying some time with Orion. We had originally planned on going to Colt State Park to walk (briskly) on the path, enjoy the bay and maybe catch the sunset. But the North Burial Ground is on the way to the park, and it looked so peaceful and friendly. I adore wandering through graveyards, always have. When Orion was little I always brought him with me so now he loves wandering through them too. So we detoured, we could walk briskly through a graveyard just as easily, right? Apparently not, we stopped to admire the new reflection pool (small, tasteful, relaxing.) Then there are always interesting names and headstones. North Burial Ground is fairly old so there are some really nice old graves to look at in the end we just chatted and wandered....then went for ice cream. Because what else do you do on a lovely summer evening after a leisurely walk through a lovely graveyard with your awesome kid??

I had skipped dinner so I was fairly ravenous at this point ;-) I have no regrets really, the ice cream was delicious, so was the company, so was the graveyard. It was a good night, even if I won't be sleeping well. This is the view as we left the graveyard. Yes, the sky was exactly that color. 


 

So I looked at the stats for this blog today, people actually seem to be reading it. I'm flattered, thank you.  Please feel free to leave comments, just not mean ones please. Who needs that in their lives? 

I wrote a bit more on the "Wednesday" post (the one getting all the views.)  Silly Emily moved her hands without permission. I don't think Jake is going to let the poor girl get away with that. :-P  More tomorrow.

Now to try and sleep...yikes, just looked at tonight's picture. Holy eyebrows, I'll have them done this weekend, I promise!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict