Writing Prompt Day #4: Choose an item you recently pinned on Pinterest and...TRY IT! Was it a success or failure?

I adore Pinterest.  I can get lost on the site for hours (not kidding.)   There are funny posts for when I need a laugh, cute posts for when I need to AWWWW, smart posts to make me think, and tons of recipe posts that teach me new kitchen tricks.  Some girls hit Pinterest to plan their weddings, I hit Pinterest to plan what foods I'll devour this week. Also to giggle, and AWW when needed.  

Tonights Pinterest Adventure was:

                                                         Grilled Honey Lime Salmon.

I'd call it a success, all the salmon eaters ate and seemed to enjoy it.  I did tweak the recipe a little tiny bit by adding white wine,  olive oil, garlic and onion powder to the marinade.  The original recipe only called for honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. I mixed that up and tasted it.  It was o.k. but kinda boring.  We had olive oil and white wine so I added some of each to the mix and tasted it.  It was better but still needed a kick so I added extra pepper and then the onion and garlic powders.  MUCH better after those additions.  If  was making this marinade for myself (for chicken because salmon is flat out NASTY stuff in my book) I would have added either chili powder or cayenne pepper to really add some spice.  Sirachi sauce would have been a nice touch too,  but the majority of the people I was cooking for do not appreciate hot spicy foods like I do.  So I went as far as a dared with the regular old black pepper.  :)   For sides we had some sautéed mushrooms (quartered baby bellas, sautéed in butter with white wine, salt and pepper) pan roasted diced potatoes with Parmesan cheese and steamed green beans.

It was a decent meal all in all.  I wish I could get myself to like salmon, its supposed to be so good for you.  Honestly though I think it smells like something dying.  The family loves it though (one of the kids even had seconds!) so it was worth the smell to see them enjoy it.


Thanks Pinterest!

Love,

Catie
(no picture due to extreme ugliness today)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict