The One Where I Remember That I Have a Blog and a 30 Day Writing Challenge To Do

Hi, sorry...I mentioned early on that I get distracted easily and I did.  Actually things were crazy at work when I got back, then my son went to visit my sister so I wasn't home much, my diet went all to heck and I've gained a solid 4 pounds and I've been generally unfocused. OH and there was a snow storm, gotta love those, right?  Well... someone has but trust me that someone is not me.    :-)  life happens, right?

On to today's prompt:  Describe Your Dream Home...House, Location and Grounds

Dream home, huh?  For which dream? And really what makes a home is what you do in it, not what it looks like or how big it is.

Lets go with the dream where I'm on my own because Orion is off doing his dream job most of the year.

I'm only one person and honestly I don't have much stuff, I like it that way so my home wouldn't have to be very big, I'd love to say a 1 bedroom apartment would be perfect but I do like visitors, especially my son, so lets go with 2 bedrooms each of them big enough for a full sized bed and dresser.

The living room would be smallish.  Just big enough to hang TV on a wall, throw around a couple oversized bean bags to sit on,  a small table and maybe a comfy recliner would complete the room.  I honestly wouldn't spend much time in there.  

The kitchen doesn't need to be huge or fancy but it needs to function as both a kitchen and eating area (dining rooms are a waste of space, you can eat just as well in a kitchen or living room or on the street.  I think a room set aside just to eat in is silly.)   I'd love bunches of counter space, but I've managed to make some incredible meals with hardly any.  I'm fairly adaptable, as long as there is some storage space, working appliances and a couple feet of counter space, I will make do.  

Now, the important part...Where is this tiny dream place?  In Hawaii of course!  Where else would my "ideal" home be?  To be more specific, I would love to be in the city of Honolulu, on The Bus route (for work) and within walking distance of Waikiki.

In my perfect world I would work most of the day in a job I found fulfilling, then go home to change into my swim suit and flip flops.  I would walk to the beach every evening, swim in the beautiful Pacific for a while. Then listen to the music while watching the surfers come in for the night, watch tourists meander around in awe at the sunset. When the torches are lit for the night I would probably go across the road to the International Marketplace food court for dinner.  Sushi, plate meal, Chinese, Korean or maybe just a burger. Before making my way back home by bus or foot to relax and sleep.

On weekends I'd have friends over for dinner and sometimes I hope family and friends would come out and visit me.  I really hope my only child would spend just about all his free time with me, but I'm realistic to know that he has other family to visit and at some point -horror of horrors- a girlfriend or -gasp, gulp- wife.  She would be welcome too of course.  I guess... :-P

But that's just one dream and really I wouldn't change where I am now and who I'm with for anything.  Because it's really the people that make the home, not the other way around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict