No Prompt Tonight, Instead: The Grammy Wedding

So I don't watch award shows. So its perfectly normal for me to be a few days (or weeks or months) behind on these things if left to my own devices.  Luckily for me I am Face.book friends with someone that loves award shows so I find out about the good stuff the next day.  Tonight when I finally got around to reading my newsfeed I saw that he posted this:

Grammy Wedding


This, my dear friends, brought me to tears.  Honestly, there I was listening to a song I love (the only reason I clicked the video) and next thing I know I'm at a wedding.  A beautiful, inclusive, loving, honest to goodness Queen La-FUCKING-tifah marrying people wedding. This was honestly my thought processes from the start of the video:


Damn Queen Latifah just keeps getting more beautiful.  How does she do that?
I love this song, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are stand up guys, have to love them.
Hey cool Queen Latifah is going to sing wit....wait a second....
OMG SOMEONES GETTING MARRIED!!
I love weddings (as long as they aren't mine)
OMG I love Queen Latifah more now (as an actress and person, not big on the music)
I wonder who's getting married.
33 couples, omg omg omg they are all so beautiful!!! The diversity is perfect and a Surprise wedding!!!
OMFG just WOW, sniffle.
Whoa who's the creepy....Madonna?  Weird but she's always been a supporter of all things love I guess.  Damn she's looking creepy as hell aging gracefully is not her thing.  But somehow her creepiness is adding something to the moment, like the creepy uncle everyone has...
Oh off they all go, sniffle, snort, I love love.  Where are the tissues? Oh crap out of tissues, its ok I'm over it now. I would like a snack though...

This wedding made my day, a day after it happened. I went from wrapping up a crappy Monday to celebrating the love of people I don't know, and loving the artists and performers that were standing with them.  I need more of this.  I need to remember to find, watch or do something that inspires me and gives me back a little bit of faith in humanity every day.  Today I found it in my Face.book feed.  Tomorrow I might have to look harder, but there will be something and I will find it.  I need to find these good things because some days I really think I've given up on anything good happening.  And that kind of thinking is just no good for anyone.

So this is me tonight, wet hair, creepy green eyes and post wedding glow.

Love,
Catie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict