So I missed a few days...Today's Prompt is: It Happened at Daycare

It happened at daycare?  What did? Honestly folks, I've got nothing for this one.  I never went to daycare and I was lucky enough to have a mom that happily cared for my son while I worked (THANKS MOM!!!) so I have no daycare stories to tell.

I skipped blogging for the last few days of my vacation.  It was a great break from work and I wish I didn't have to go back today.  I wish I didn't have to go back tomorrow either.  I find my job endlessly frustrating lately. All of it, coworkers, customers, forms, requests the whole lot of it can go take a long walk off a short pier.  So I applied for three different jobs internally this morning.  I probably won't get a call back on any of them but at least I tried.  I'll keep trying too,  I think I need the change.  I need to do the "self review" part of our annual reviews tomorrow or by Friday at the latest.  I have no idea what to say in that either.  "I showed up and did stuff and only complained a little" is probably what I'll end up writing.  Better than last years' "I suck."   I know I'm complaining about work a lot, it makes me grouchy and instantly puts me in a bad mood.  My girlfriend dreads "work Catie" aka grouchy, all business, no fun, this is my bag of caring - sorry it's empty, don't bother me unless you want your head bitten off Cate.  Don't blame her, that Catie is kind of a heartless bitch. I don't like her either.   What makes me really sad is that I have a decent job.  What if it was a terrible one? How cranky would I be then? Maybe it's better to not find out.

My son and my mom are visiting my sister in North Carolina this week so the house is super quiet.  Its just me and my super awesome cat, Horace, tonight.  I do miss my little guy (OK OK, fine he's not a little guy really, he's a 6' 1" 17 year old) but I'm also enjoying the quiet.   Is it terrible to say that I didn't mind coming home to a quiet, empty house?  I made a quick (carb free!) dinner, watched an episode of the Big Bang Theory and grabbed a shower.  I skipped water aerobics because I just didn't feel like going.   I love the class but didn't feel like being around people.  I think home, alone with the cat and some Netflix and an early nap time is just about the best ending to my day.  Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better.  Maybe I'll be less grouchy :-)

Love,

Catie

Where I wish I was...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict