Monday, Where Did You Come From?

Seriously, where did the weekend go? When my alarm went off this morning I thought it was Sunday again. Then it hit me that it was Monday, very sad. I dragged myself out of bed, stumbled through getting dressed. I threw together a quick a low-carb lunch and then it was off to work with me. Work wasn't too bad today, it wasn't so great that I don't want a new job but hey a decent day is something I'll happily take. After work I walked the dogs and jumped right on the treadmill. I was starting to feel lazy and knew if I didn't just go get it done I would be a lump for the night. If I don't exercise I  always spend the next day feeling guilty and extra fat. Diet wise today wasn't bad but exercise is a huge piece of this diet thing and I know I need to MOVE to make any kind of weight loss progress. I ate a bunch of crap this past weekend so I didn't bother to weigh myself this morning. I'm hoping I didn't do too much damage. I'll find out tomorrow.

Orion came over tonight, I love it when he visits unexpectedly during the week. We didn't even do anything special, just had dinner and hung out. H started showing T how to play the game Mirrors Edge. I love it when he can get her out of her shell for a while. She honestly seems to enjoy it when he brings new games to play. B is out with some of her dance friends tonight, I'm glad about that too. She should be out having fun with friends at her age.

A week ago H mentioned that the company that her brother works for wasn't doing so well. They aren't on the verge of bankruptcy or anything but they had lost a couple large contracts and were discussing cutting workers hours temporarily while they looked for new accounts. H's brother is in management and his job wasn't going to be effected, he also said he felt sure that the company was going to bounce back. To be on the safe side though he was going to dust off his resume and start applying for jobs. On the way home today H mentioned that her brother already has a second interview scheduled. I was shocked, he sent his resume to this company 4 days ago. He's already been in for a first interview with a second scheduled for Friday?? I've applied to the same company a few times and I've never so much as received a "Thank you for applying" email.  I think you could safely say that I'm jealous. In the 7 years that I've known her brother he's had 3 different jobs, each one better than the last. I guess what the experts say is true, you really are better off changing jobs every couple years because loyalty means nothing. I've decided that I probably don't get call backs because I've been with the bank for close to 20 years. So the question becomes do I give up and make the best of it at the bank or do I keep plugging along applying for jobs and never hearing back?  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that he is able to move from job to job so easily (and getting better jobs each time.) It just reminds me of how stuck I am in my job.

Ok, that's enough whining for one night. I'm going to take my sweaty tired butt to the shower now then it's off to bed with me...

Night all...

The children are scaring me...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict