Grumpy

I'm coming to realize that I'm not the happiest or most patient person on the block. Also I need some alone time. On a beach. In Hawaii. Or maybe I'm just constantly surrounded by crappy attitudes and sass so I've developed both. Oh and the Gimmies, they run pretty rampant around here too.

I slept on the lovely but uncomfortable living room couch last night. I'm not loving sharing a bed... Ok I really, really dislike sharing a bed consistently. The odd sleep-over is fine but this every night thing isn't working for me. I think it would if H didn't move so fn much but she is constantly rolling (and she can't just roll, she has to fucking bounce first) moving blankets, tossing sheets and just generally making her presence known. It annoys the crap out of me. How hard is it to just lay down and sleep? 8 nights out of 10 I wake up in the same position that I fell asleep in. If I can do that, it can't be that hard.

I'm a light sleeper, unexpected movement and sound wake me. Usually I have some form of back-round noise (usually an audio book) on to help me stay asleep. But neither of them can sleep with noise so lately I've been sleeping with earbuds on, not comfy. They are usually both snoring well before I'm ready to even think about sleeping. So I find myself trying to be still and quiet in the dark when really I want to be reading or watching TV or online or something.  The end result of them going to sleep so early is they are up and starting their days well before I want to be conscious in the morning. But see light sleeper comment above, if they are up, I'm up <insert angry Catie here>.

And sex does not seem to be a thing we have anymore since I moved in (WTF?)

So, when P headed to bed last night (H had been there since around 7 already because she was "exhausted" as always) I just grabbed my new Kindle, said goodnight and headed to the couch saying I'd be in later. I had no intention of going to bed later, honestly unless it looks like sex might happen I have no intention of going to bed tonight either. I think I'll try out the couch in the finished basement with my Kindle instead.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict