Car Fire and Back to Mystic Aquarium

Never a Dull Moment around here I tell you. Sunday, P replaced the broken side mirror on H's car, after it was installed everything seemed to be fine. Monday night H loaded youngest daughter into the car to go swimming. P and I stayed home to make dinner. About 5 minutes after she left she called P. All I heard was "What? Smoke? Where are you? I'm coming!" and then P shouted to me that he had to go and then the door slammed. I finished dinner and started plating for the other kids (B had 2 friends over) when H texted and P called at the same time. Turns out there was a short in the electrical system and her van was on FIRE!! Luckily they were less than a mile away, P got there within 3 minutes of the phone call and was able to put the fire out with the extinguisher he put in the trunk. but since 911 was called the firemen & police were at the scene just a couple minutes later. They disconnected the battery and called a tow truck. P can probably fix it, but man is it a mess right now.

Today was Mystic day though. So much fun, as always. The "kids" had a great time. At 18, 15 & 12 they can hardly be called kids anymore. The weather was humid but not overly hot. I do wish that the air conditioning in the Highlander was working but we managed.  As always the fishies and whales and seals and sea lions were beautiful. I renewed our membership, so worth it.  I can't wait to go back.

Orion's goes for the drug test Shaw's requires tomorrow, the final step before being officially hired. He'll probably start over the weekend.  Very Exciting :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict