I LOVE Being on Vacation Day One - Mystic, CT

Today was a great day.  I forgot to turn off my morning alarm Sunday so it went off at 7am.  In a way I'm kinda glad it did, it gave me the opportunity to turn it off and go back to sleep.  I only slept until 9, but it still felt great to do it.  After getting up and showered Ri and I headed to Mystic, CT to enjoy a day at the Mystic Aquarium and The Village Shoppes right next door from the aquarium.     

It was nice to spend the day with just my Ri-guy.  I can't believe he'll be 18 in just 10 short days. Where does time go?  It's crazy, I swear just yesterday he was a toddler driving me nuts in a place like Mystic Aquarium.   Those really were the best days though.  I knew it at the time too but I was too young and stressed out to fully enjoy them.  Having a son as old as mine is doesn't feel strange until I see women about my age (some older!) with sweet little babies or toddlers while I'm out with my almost 18 year old, six-foot-one  burly giant of a son.  It seemed like everywhere we went today there were about 20 women my age and older with little ones and every time I thought "Wow, I could never chase a little one at our age!!"    People may look at us funny especially when he calls me "Mom" but I'm glad I had him so young.  Honestly, if I hadn't I don't think I would have had any kids at all.   But I'm going way off topic here... back to today....


Can I just say that I adore Mystic Aquarium?  It's just big enough, super family friendly, very nice touch pools (Rays & Sharks are our favorite) a wide variety of marine life (and reptile life, and bird life) from all over the world. They also have an amazing Interactive Titanic Exhibit designed by Dr. Robert Ballard himself, a 4-D Theater and so much more to do.   As an added bonus, school is in session and most people are at work on Mondays so we pretty much had the place to ourselves (really, we were the ONLY people in the 4-D theatre for Ancient Sea Monsters, how cool is that?)  If you ever get the chance to go to Mystic Aquarium, go!  Especially if that chance happens to fall on a "normal" weekday.  Trust me the kids will learn more in a day enjoying the aquarium than they would at school. 

It was such a relaxing day that I forgot to document every second with pictures.  I took the obligatory shot of Ri petting the cow rays (I'll have to post about Ri's affinity for animal life another time) and one of him in front of the Beluga Whale tank but really that was it.  Normally I'm taking a million pictures of everything.  It was nice to just enjoy the day with him.    

Pics of today: 


Not taken a Mystic but at the Pumpkin Spectacular at Roger Williams Park Zoo. 
"Mom, just take the picture, whales don't pose"
"Hello sweet ray."  They line up to be pet by him, it's unreal.





***I was in no way encouraged or reimbursed for writing about Mystic Aquarium, I just love the place so much I felt the need to gush about it.  If anyone is interested in learning more about Mystic Aquarium go to:  http://www.mysticaquarium.org/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict