Another Weekend is Over and The Shocking Way I AGREE WITH THE DUGGARS?!?!?

Why are earth do weekends fly by as fast as they do? Someday this riddle will be figured out but until then I'll be spending my Sunday nights dreading Monday morning. It was an ok weekend, Providence Comic Con was Friday-Sunday, P, H, O & S all went leaving T and I to our own devices. T would have been very happy to stay home plugged into her iPad for the day but I think everyone knows how I feel about that at this point. So shortly after everyone else left for The Con, I packed T and our camera's up and we headed to Roger Williams Park Zoo. I haven't been in ages and it really is a great place to spend an afternoon. It's not a huge zoo, it really only takes a couple hours to see all the exhibits but as with so many other things its quality over quantity. The animals have beautiful enclosures and they all seem happy and relaxed. I think my favorites are the red pandas, closely followed by the ant eater (fuzzy and you eat my nemesis? I'll take 3.) Everyone loves the elephants and the cheetahs always have a crowed watching them. Their placement does give me pause though, their paddock is right up against the zebra paddock. One of the cheetahs is always pacing along their dividing wall watching the zebras. I can't imagine this is good for the mental health of either the zebras or the cheetahs but what do I know?

After the zoo I continued to torture T by dragging her off to Target, they were having a 25% off all women's apparel, I was thinking I would grab another pair of jeans and I needed at least one new bra (really I should replace all my bras, they are sad looking lot and really only one of them does the job.) So off we went, she had her cell phone so when she asked if she could just go explore on her own I didn't hesitate to say yes. To be honest her constant whining, "I don't want to walk" "I don't care about these animals" and "When can we go home so I can listen to my iPad's" were driving me up a wall and I needed a few minutes of peace. I ended up getting a super cute duster-length sweater for $8, a pair of super cute high heel boots for $13.50 and 1 new t-shirt bra for $6.00. I call them all scores, the boots especially, regularly price they are $39.50 so they were more than half off.

So on to how I was agreeing with the Duggars, I've been pretty open about the lack of sex in my life lately (today was a very welcome change from that trend, yay!) Anyway, I was reading through one of those "15 Things You Didn't Know About Celebrities" posts that somehow always pop up on your Facebook Feed no matter how many times you block them articles. Along the way it said that Mrs. Duggar never refuses Mr. Duggar's advances, ever. It's one of her rules for a happy marriage. At first glance I was fairly horrified but the more I thought about it the less crazy the idea seemed. Now, before my close friends decide to have me committed hear me out.

Sex is more important to some than it is to others. H, I think can go months without. Like some kind of sex camel. I on the other hand get frustrated and go hunting for a good vibrator after a couple days. Not having sex with my significant others makes me feel disconnected and unloved. I know that just about every single therapist will tell you that communication and doing things with your partner is what should make you feel close. To a point I agree, but I talk and do things with people I'm just friends with all the time. What makes my partners important is that in our current dynamic we only fuck each other. If that wasn't the case maybe sex wouldn't be so important to me and all the communicating and things we do together would be what make me feel close to them. I'm not sure. All I know is that for my mental and emotional health sex on a fairly regular basis is kinda required in this relationship. Clearly, this doesn't mean that I demand and expect sex whenever I happen to want it, especially if one of my partners just isn't in the mood. If I had a very good reason for not wanting to have sex with one of my partners I know that they will not push me either. But for the most part I really think it's important to make sex a priority, whether you happen to be in the mood at the moment or not. If it makes your partner happy why not? Seeing them excited will probably get you excited and next thing you know everyone is having a fantastic time... Long winded and confusing but my two cents for what it's worth...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict