An Amazing Weeekend

Doula class was this weekend and it was amazing from start to finish. Great women, great town, a bed to myself in a lovely quiet house (thank you Nira and Airbnb!) I loved the class, all of it. Now to start looking for new moms to help, I need to complete 20 hours of volunteer doula work in order to be officially certified. Time to start pounding the bricks, looking for new mamas to help! The instructor is pretty much the person I thought I would be when I grew up as kid. She's a midwife, a birth doula, a postpartum doula and a lactation consultant. SHE KNOWS ALL THE THINGS!! And she's a amazing, level headed and down to earth. I learned so much. She is running a birth doula course in September, part of me wants to jump in with two feet and just sign up today, the other part of me would like to see how this postpartum certification goes. Do I find moms to volunteer with to complete certification? Is there any interest in doula's in general in my area? Will I be able to make a living doing this full time? With so many unknowns I hesitate to sign up and spend the money right this second I should wait for the weekend "high" to abate a little before making any more decisions. One step at a time. So on the other fronts in my life: Diet & Exercise - Meh, I was doing really, really well and then P had a week off. It's rare that we are able to spend time together during the week so I skipped class all last week to hang out with him. If I'm not exercising, why bother with the dieting, right? So yeah, last week was not a good week as far as diet and exercise go. I'm going to get back on track this week, at least with exercise. I find that it's much easier for me to get on track with diet when I'm exercising a lot. My body knows what it needs to thrive at that point and craves it so I'm far less likely to "cheat". Also, my Instant Pot was delivered last week and it's going to be super useful as far as making Atkins friendly food goes. Hell, it's been awesome with all kinds of foods, I love, love, love this thing! Relationship: - Getting better all the time, I can't tell if that's because H is leveling out or if I'm less sensitive to her. P is, as always, wonderful at keeping us both happy. I love him so much it makes me sick (to paraphrase Mr. Cobain.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as Therapy

Hello Neglected Blog!

Hello, I Am a Podcast Addict